The abbreviated Summary of Work is as follows:
- Marine Science Institute (MSI)
- Construction of a new student dormitory, approximately 12,570 SF, located on the main campus of the Marine Science Institute. The building is an elevated, single story concrete frame building with thirteen double occupant rooms, six ADA compliant rooms and one RA room suite. All typical dorm rooms will include sleeping, living space and full bathrooms. Building will include self contained mechanical system and require utility routing and tie-in. This building will feature a central laundry area, kitchen area and community room.
- The general Construction Budget range for the project is approximately $3,500,000.00 to $4,000,000.00
- ***Due to the size limits the drawings are located at the link below.
- Please use this link to receive electronic copies of the Solicitation via UT box. https://utexas.box.com/s/xkh1tlp46b1gvrh8dqutz31r3za99a8p
- RFP Number: 21CSP010
- CP Number: CP811862
- Project Manager: Scott Meares
- Professional Service Provider: Turner | Ramirez Architects Point of Contact: Philip John Ramirez
- Contract Specialist: Cynthia Rangel
- Issued RFP: July 28, 2021
- Pre-Submittal Conference Site: Zoom Meeting
- Pre-Submittal Conference Date: August 04, 2021 Time: 10:00 AM
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/93390549319
- Meeting ID: 933 9054 9319
- One tap mobile: +13462487799,,93390549319# US (Houston)
- Please use this link to sign in to the meeting for accountability: https://utexas-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/cynthia_rangel_austin_utexas_edu/EQ-iKHlai-BHoN-lX73I_84B8Yu1yPNLPl8EhFPONlDRQg?e=hYd7bH
- Initial Site Visit: August 04, 2021 Time: 11:00 AM
- Submittal No. 1: September 16, 2021 Time: 2:00 P.M. CST - USE UT DROP BOX TO SUBMIT ENVELOPE
- Submittal No. 2: September 17, 2021 Time: 2:00 P.M. CST - USE UT DROP BOX TO SUBMIT ENVELOPE
- Submittal No. 3: September 17, 2021 Time: 2:00 P.M. CST - USE UT DROP BOX TO SUBMIT ENVELOPE
- BID OPENING SIGN-IN SHEET:https://utexas-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/cynthia_rangel_austin_utexas_edu/EaYv1Sl7wshGpu9UNPnPJ3UB3Kec3CEj7dZgKsmGwpMK5A?e=cMUnH1
- Join Zoom Meeting - For the Bid Opening:
Meeting ID: 943 6842 7208
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,94368427208# US (Houston)
- No. of Addenda: 1
PMCS Offices - Do Not Mail Envelopes. The PMCS building is currently closed. All submissions must be made via the link provided for the UT Drop Box.
Directions to Marine Science Institute at Port Aransas For Pre-Submittal Site Visit:
The University of Texas Marine Science Institute's official address is 750 Channel View Drive, Port Aransas, Texas 78373. The main entrance for visitors is located at 855 East Cotter Avenue, Port Aransas, Texas 78373. Maps of the area are posted at https://utmsi.utexas.edu/about/maps
Directions from the Ferry to visitor entrance:
Go straight on Cotter Avenue through both stoplights and the 4-way stop sign towards the beach; UTMSI will be on the left before you get to the beach.
Directions from Padre Island to visitor entrance:
Take highway 361 to Port Aransas, go straight on South Alister, at 2nd stoplight, turn RIGHT on Cotter Avenue, go straight through the 4-way stop sign towards the beach; UTMSI will be on the left before you get to the beach.