The abbreviated Summary of Work is as follows:
- Marine Science Institute (MSI)
- The CCOS Building is located at 1300 Port Street in Port Aransas, Texas. The project consists of building renovations of a single-story building to include room modifications, architectural finishes, HVAC, plumbing and electrical upgrades. This project will also include the construction of a new saltwater treatment system. Seawater treatment system to include pump house, seawater intake, distribution piping, pumps, filtration, UV sterilizers, VFD's, water quality monitoring system and new 250KW generator.
- The general Construction Budget range for the project is approximately $3,750,000.00 to $4,200,000.00.
- Please use this link to receive electronic copies of the Solicitation via UT box. https://utexas.box.com/s/8siyqianydum70amclxz9m0riuc5229n
- RFP Number: 21CSP003
- CP Number: CP687958
- Project Manager: Scott Meares
- Professional Service Provider: Bath Group, Inc. Engineering & Commission Point of Contact: Brian Mende, P.E.
- Contract Specialist: Cynthia Rangel
- Notice to Proposers Out: January 15, 2021
- Pre-Submittal Conference Site: Zoom Meeting
- Pre-Submittal Conference Date: January 28, 2021 Time: 10:00 AM
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/91427910905
- Meeting ID: 914 2791 0905
- One tap mobile: +13462487799,,91427910905# US (Houston)
- Please use this link to sign in to the meeting for accountability: https://utexas-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/megan_bowles_austin_utexas_edu/EdsOz8fEefNGg1hkuPKO_-IBCI_Sb8BHltn5YkjurmGXCA?e=uwbZrp
- Initial Site Visit: January 28, 2021 Time: 11:00 AM
- Envelopes #1: April 27, 2021 Time: 2:00 P.M. CST - USE UT DROP BOX TO SUBMIT ENVELOPE
- Envelope #2: April 28, 2021 Time: 2:00 P.M. CST - USE UT DROP BOX TO SUBMIT ENVELOPE
- Envelope #3: April 28, 2021 Time: 2:00 P.M. CST - USE UT DROP BOX TO SUBMIT ENVELOPE
- BID OPENING SIGN-IN SHEET:https://utexas-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/cynthia_rangel_austin_utexas_edu/EVKC-Jcbr5tJg0ZXqM2eUoQBhajLNmHQSHO5HUHcZiKvpQ?e=4Lynv0
- Join Zoom Meeting - For the Bid Opening:
Meeting ID: 913 1038 4191
One tap mobile +13462487799,,91310384191# US (Houston)
- No. of Addenda: 2
PMCS Offices - Do Not Mail Envelopes. The PMCS building is currently closed. All submissions must be made via the link provided for the UT Drop Box.
Directions to Marine Science Institute at Port Aransas For Pre-Submittal Site Visit:
The University of Texas Marine Science Institute's official address is 750 Channel View Drive, Port Aransas, Texas 78373. The main entrance for visitors is located at 855 East Cotter Avenue, Port Aransas, Texas 78373. Maps of the area are posted at https://utmsi.utexas.edu/about/maps
Directions from the Ferry to visitor entrance:
Go straight on Cotter Avenue through both stoplights and the 4-way stop sign towards the beach; UTMSI will be on the left before you get to the beach.
Directions from Padre Island to visitor entrance:
Take highway 361 to Port Aransas, go straight on South Alister, at 2nd stoplight, turn RIGHT on Cotter Avenue, go straight through the 4-way stop sign towards the beach; UTMSI will be on the left before you get to the beach.